Tuesday 6 March 2012

Make Up Monday - Competition Entry!

I know today is Tuesday but I have a good excuse why Make Up Monday is a day late! Yesterday I was in London for the ITEC National Student Competition at the Professional Beauty Exhibition, where with a few others I was representing my college. So I thought I would share the pics of my entries with you!

The first part of the competition was to create a 1950's Glamour look with a modern twist, I was really lucky to be lent a Vintage Vivienne Of Holloway dress to make the look authentic!
I used navy blue and gold on the eyes to give a glamorous winged effect and then made the lips more modern by adding glitter to the red.

The second part was Pop Icons, I assumed that everyone would choose Lady Gaga so I decided to choose Nicki Minaj! My thinking behind this was that she always wears bright colours and her hair is always out there so that's what I went with!
I loved the result of this look, the bright colours looked amazing and I liked doing the detail of the leopard print down the face and neck! The hair was fun and I made the bright coloured balls from chicken wire and wrapped wool around them!

Unfortunately I didn't place any where but I did have fun taking part, but I have to say when people say its the taking part that counts.....RUBBISH, I wanted to win! hehe! There were over 40 people competing in each part so it was tough but definitely glad I took part! It was nice to do some pretty make up with college, it makes a change from the theatrical stuff we normally do!

What do you think of the final looks? For more pics please check out my Facebook page.

Stay Gorgeous

Grace xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love both looks but the Nicki one is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved do the nicki minaj make up!xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great work. I have no idea how you didn't win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, and an even bigger thank you for coming to the rescue with outfits! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments, I love to read them!