Friday 16 September 2011

Nailphilia Exhibition

I mentioned in my Sunday summary that I had popped in to take a look at the Nailphilia exhibition in London last weekend and I wanted to share some pics with you (this is a very photo heavy post!).

Nails are one of the hottest accessories you can have at the moment and the Nailphilia exhibition shows just how far you can take this trend! With nail technicians such as Marian Newman, Sophy Robson, Sam Biddle, to name just a few, showcasing their amazing talent you will definitely be grabbing your nail varnishes and dressing up you're nails!

Here are some photos from the exhibition,

 100 issues of Scratch magazine covers were displayed showing how nail art has grown over the years!
 There was a wall covered in designs, which were all amazing, these were a couple of my favourites (I have kept one back for a tutotial next week so keep your eyes peeled for that!)




 These two tribal inspired pieces are by Sophie Harris-Greenslade, the detail in these nails is amazing!

 These nails were designed for and used by Mel B (above) and Jessie J (below)

 This jacket was also designed for Jessie J, the outer shoulder are all made up of false nails along with the detailing on the front of the jacket!
 And this one may look familiar? This is the nail design that Jessie J wore on a More cover shoot that I took inspiration from in one of my tutorials!
And here is my lovely sister listening and learning about nail art!

See I told you it was photo heavy! If you are in London and love nail art this exhibition really is worth going to, just go along to DegreeArt.com's Execution Room, 12A Vyner Street, London, E2 9DG, for more information you can contact the lovely Ryan who has put the exhibition together by email Ryan@DegreeArt.com or call 02089800395.

I hope you like the pictures and that you get a chance to go, the exhibition is on until September 26th and is open 12 - 6 every day.

Stay Gorgeous

Grace xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Didn't know exhibits like this even existed, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't now this existed! Nice to see those pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely go along if you can ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments, I love to read them!